- Insurance Coverage for Clinical Trials: This resource provides information and highlights on ASCO’s policy efforts around insurance coverage for the routine patient costs for people participating in cancer clinical trials.
- The Top Five List: As a participant in the American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation’s Choosing Wisely® campaign, ASCO has issued a “Top Five” list of common, costly procedures in oncology that are not supported by evidence and that should be questioned.
- CancerProgress.Net: ASCO launched CancerProgress.Net in 2011 to mark the 40th anniversary of the U.S. National Cancer Act, which led to major new investments in cancer research and significant increases in cancer survival. The site is intended to provide a dynamic and interactive history of progress against cancer, expert perspective on remaining challenges and other useful tools.
- Sequestration Frequently Asked Questions: Sequestration was established as part of the Budget Control Act of 2011 in order to reduce the federal budget deficit. This document explain what sequestration is and how it could impact both Medicare and the NIH if the cuts outlined in the legislation are not prevented.
- Principles for State Oral Parity Legislation: ASCO has developed principles to assist its States Affiliates in evaluating state legislation involving access to oral cancer drugs. The lack of parity in insurance coverage between intravenous and oral cancer medications is a growing problem, and many State Societies have been working to address this issue by advocating for state legislation. Model Oral Chemo Parity Language has also been provided to the State Societies to support their efforts.